Duck Duck Moose and a Virtual Author Visit Giveaway.
I’m kinda keen on the books (and company) of Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen, author of Hampire and other delightful picture books for children.
Since meeting Sudipta at our state library conference some five or so years ago we’ve been fast friends and enjoyed sharing a cynical sense of humor, a passion for do-gooding, and a love of really awesome books and awesome people. My wife adores her. My son regularly requests her “pig books” and is now old enough to know her by name and face. And with each time she has visited our library she has earned a whole new legion of fans. Miss Sudipta knows how to leave her mark.
Which is why I thought it apropos to share a giveaway recently advertised via the Nerdy Chicks Rule blog.
Along with the cover reveal of her newest picture book, entitled Duck Duck Moose and illustrated by Noah Z. Jones, of Fish Hooks and Stuff fame, Sudipta is giving away a 45-minute Virtual Visit in which she’ll tell her audience all about how Duck Duck Moose came to be, a story I’ve been lucky enough to see unfold.
You can enter multiple times to win, but you’ll need to visit Nerdy Chicks Rule to find out how. Entries will be accepted until Monday, May 27th and the winner will be announced on May 29th.
Sudipta’s visits are always memorable and always has something new in the works to show us. Don’t miss out on this opportunity for your students!
And while you’re at it, here’s a starter kit of books by Sudipta you should request from your local book store:
1. Hampire! - Duck’s bedtime appetite is enough to send him on a moonlit journey through the farm to the farmer’s refrigerator, but Duck isn’t the only one out at night on the hunt for a midnight snack
2. Chicks Run Wild - When Momma hen puts her chicks to bed, outs the lights, and closes the door, do those chicks fall fast asleep? No way! Those chicks run wild!
3. Pirate Princess - Why grow up to be a princess when you could lead a pirate’s life?
4. The Hog Prince - To whom do we owe true love’s kiss?
5. The Mine-O-Saur - Nobody likes a friend who never shares.
via Blogger http://bit.ly/182Vare